Thursday, January 08, 2009

and what was that counterexample?

Navhatthar Rethaghan travelled eighteen kempares to meet with the mathematican Zr. Zaktar Ralaquon to discuss a 2000 page proof on the Great Theorem of Tetraquiver Theory. In short, Rethagan pointed out, as succintly and lucidly as possible that the Great Theorem of Tetraquiver theory was in fact, false. “You say that this theory of yours is true, but there is a trivial and blatant counterexample -- one of many that I can easily pull out of my hat -- which renders most of this so called imperterbable theory of yours on very shaky ground: I can save it, yes, that's no problem, but I think that the consequences are some very disturbing ideas that run contrary to the major undercurrents of this proof that you've published. It's a phoenix that doesn't get all its feathers back, sadly. What it does get is worth mentioning, and I'll think you'll find that what results is worth talking about and discussing. While Tetraquiver theory might just be a walk in the park, and certainly an entertaining delusion for a Sunday afternoon or a waltz down by the park, it's nothing compared to the behemoth that logically follows from the smorgasbord of counterexamples I can pull out of my hat.” -- Navhatthar Rethaghan, Chief Imperial Mathemagician, Empire of the Lurid Goat.

No comments: